Tenner began in 2013 and to date has been run in just under 1,000 schools, reaching over 53,000 students across the United Kingdom. Our evaluation report for 2014 showed that 75% of students felt they had developed at least one employability skill; 80% would recommend Tenner to their friends; and 79% felt Tenner had provided them with a unique opportunity to learn and achieve new things.
- For more information about the programme, please visit www.tenner.org.uk
- For results and data from the programme, please see the 2014 Evaluation Report which can be obtained from email@example.com. Some exerts are provided below:
Exerts from Tenner 2014 Evaluation Report
Employability skills development
Participants were surveyed before and immediately after Tenner to identify changes in skills and intentions. Our test sample was composed of 747 students, belonging to 299 teams and 86 schools (75% secondary and 25% primary). Students results were matched using unique individual and team identifiers, thereby enabling us to calculate differences in scores and link students to respective teams, schools and teachers. Findings show an increase in mean scores pre- and post- Tenner across all skills:
- The greatest skill progressions were in resilience, problem solving and creativity - all of which were statistically significant results at the 95% confidence level
- 75% felt they had developed at least one employability skill.
- 79% agreed that Tenner provided them with an opportunity to learn and achieve new things.
- 67% recognised that Tenner helped to make them feel ready for work.
- 53% felt Tenner helped them in further defining their career choices.
A series of business oriented statements were presented to participants testing their preferences and attitudes towards self-employment. Our data analysis indicates that participation leads to the acquisition of relevant business related knowledge:
- 83% of participants felt they knew more about what running their own business involved.
- 78% of participants felt they were more aware of self-employment as a career option.