JA Europe has designed initiatives which are aimed at encouraging students ages 15-18 to become young social entrepreneurs by providing an educational programme which brings the worlds of education, training, skills, work and community closer. Their challenge is to create products or services that solve society’s most pressing challenges. Therefore the programmes support and facilitate the communication across different sectors such as: NGOs, Business, and Governments; and create wealth in the society by empowering the next generation of social entrepreneurs. This hands-on entrepreneurial experience runs throughout one academic year in a short and full version – bringing teachers, business volunteers and students together in the process of creating a social business. This experience makes use of blended learning techniques to help raise awareness around social business opportunities, and enables young people to become a change agent in their community.
Read more about the 2 versions of JA Europe’s Social Entrepreneurship programmes:
- Short version: Social Innovation Relay (SIR). Learn more about SIR from students and teachers participating in the project.
- Long version: Social Enterprise360 (SocialEnterprise360 is an educational project financed through Erasmus+, the EU programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport.)
FERD Social Entrepreneurs Programme (FSE)
FERD invests in social entrepreneurs that reflects their vision to create enduring value and leaving lasting footprints. FERD contributes directly to the social enterprises in their portfolio with financing, network and expertise in business development and strategy. FERD’s social entrepreneurs:
- Have innovative solutions to society's challenges
- Driven by the social results
- Have a financial model that makes the business sustainable and ready for growth
Read more about FSE: http://www.ferd.no/en/social_entrepreneurs/sosial_entreprenorer