A successful national strategy for entrepreneurship education has to have…
- EE established in plan or as a priority: governments need to establish EE as a priority and have a plan that is visible and covers all education levels.
- Learning objectives formally approved: leverage the entrepreneurship competence framework developed at European level within the national qualification framework.
- National and/or Regional Budget allocated: national budget earmarked for entrepreneurship education and funding streams to schools, tax incentives for businesses which support entrepreneurship education and the use of instruments such as Erasmus+ and European Social Funds.
- Mechanism for implementation in place: implement entrepreneurship education as cross-curricular, with initiatives at all education levels and in all educational fields through a progression model.
- Mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation in place: build in measures to evaluate and monitor the strategy initiatives, linking the strategy to an evaluation plan.
- Cooperation between schools and business community promoted & incentivised: have strong involvement from the education and business sectors and seek intensive engagement from organisations such as employers’ organisations, unions and other national bodies that can support and strengthen entrepreneurship education.
- Appropriate teacher training in place: cover entrepreneurship in initial teacher training as well as in continuous professional development.
- Different levels of government involved: ensure local and regional authorities also act to support entrepreneurship education as a matter of priority.
- Ecosystem initiatives: establish support for start-ups at the micro-stage and create links between the start-up ecosystem and entrepreneurship education.
- Broad political consensus in support of EE: cross-ministerial collaboration, with the Ministry of Education in a leading role with players from as many public domains as possible.
- Measurable output: set concrete targets for penetration of entrepreneurship education at each educational level and improve access for all students
- Research available: encourage investment on impact research and longitudinal studies in different areas and target groups
- Content & resources available: support the development and dissemination of tools and methods to be used in the classroom, and encourage the use of technologies and blended learning tools for teachers and students.